I’m thinking quite a lot at the moment about the barriers to social enterprises being successful and the barriers to social change. I aim to write a series of blogs on the subject to get feedback from the marketplace and to try to sort out my own thinking. The topics I have in the pipeline so far are:
- Why social change and social enterprise matter
- What is a social enterprise anyway?
- Why is making social change so challenging?
- The difficulty of compromise: mixing grant and revenue incomes
- Funding social enterprise – is it a problem of culture?
- The dangerous idea of market building
- The delusion of fairness and transparency
Looking at the list, it comes across as a little negative! So I’ll try and write about some answers as well. Any other suggestions?